Competition – Projects in all Scientific Domains
The Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. (FCT), published on 27.11.2020 the Notice of Call for Applications (AAC) for submission of applications to IC&DT projects in all scientific fields.
Under this (AAC), the deadline for submission of applications runs from 28 January 2021 to 10 March 2021 (5pm, Lisbon time).
The allocation for the call is 75 million euros.
This year, one of the novelties of this Call for Projects in all Scientific Domains is the introduction of two types of projects, namely:
- Scientific research and technological development (IC&DT) projects addressing original and relevant scientific questions or concepts, which contribute significantly to the advancement of knowledge. Projects shall have a maximum duration of 36 months and maximum funding per project of 250 thousand Euros, with a budget of 60 million Euros;
- Exploratory research projects (PeX) corresponding to scientific or technological research aimed at exploring ideas or concepts considered to have originality and/or innovation potential. Projects will have a maximum duration of 18 months and maximum funding per project of 50 thousand euros, with a budget of 15 million euros.
The application form and the guide to support the completion of the form will be made available on the opening day of applications on 28 January.
Applications must be submitted in English language through the electronic form in the Tenders Portal.
We also inform that each proposal will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Scientific merit (A1) and innovative character (A2) of the project from an international perspective;
- Scientific merit of the Principal Investigator (B1) and the research team (B2);
- Quality and feasibility of the proposed work programme and performance indicators, as well as budget reasonableness.